Cerego Create and Learn – Content Authoring Guide
- Cerego Overview
- Getting Started with Cerego
- Create a Set
- Customizing Set Information
- Create Items
- Teach and Instruct Items
- Quiz Items
- Arrange Items into a Learning path
- Determining Your Learning Path and Item Templates
- Items: These are the individual units of instruction or assessment. Items contain concepts, which are the important pieces of information that you want learners to know. Cerego Create and Cerego Learn, you currently have the option of creating two different types of items:
- Teach and Instruct: These items provide context to learners and allow you to explain concepts using uploaded images, sound, or narrative text. You also have the option of embedding videos, presentations, or documents in these items.
- Quiz Items: These items consist of question types that give learners opportunities to test and practice their knowledge of concepts.
- Sets: A set is a collection of items. You can think of it as something similar to a chapter in a book, or a section of a manual.
- Learning path: This is how you order items within a set. This will determine when and how the concepts are presented to learners.
We recommend keeping the number of items to 10-25 items per set. If there are too many items in a set, learners may become overwhelmed by information. If there are too few items in a set, learners’ practice of concepts will not be optimized.10-25 items per set allows learners adequate times to learn and practice important concepts.
- Automatic saving: Cerego saves your work automatically as you work on your content!The auto saving status will update to let you know when each edit is saved.
- Previewing content:You can easily preview any content, even while working on an item or set, to see what learners will see when working through the course.
- Quick Quality Assurance (QA):QA your content as you make it by scrolling through the side nav. You can expand each item card with a single click.The expanded states hows an overview of your item and its quizzes, which contains information like the number of quizzes in the set, the number of concepts learners will see, and which items have images and sound.